Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
State-owned railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) has stopped all long-distance and local passenger train services following a ban on the Idul Fitri mudik (exodus).”We’ve canceled operations of trains departing from Gambir Station, Pasar Senen Station, and Jakarta Kota Station to Bandung, Cirebon, Tegal, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Solo, Surabaya, Malang and various other cities,” PT KAI Operational Region (DAOP) 1 Jakarta spokesperson Eva Chairunisa said on Thursday in a written statement.In total, operations on 70 long-distance routes and 31 local routes have been cancelled, namely routes Bogor-Sukabumi, Rangkasbitung-Merak, Tanjung Priuk-Purwakarta, Tanjung Priuk-Cikampek, and Sukabumi-Ciranjang. Passengers who have purchased tickets for trips within the suspension period will receive a full refund.Read also: Coronavirus outbreak may end in June with ‘mudik’ ban: IDIKAI advises passengers to cancel the tickets online through the KAI Access application. Cancellations can also be done at Gambir Station, Pasar Senen Station, Jakarta Kota Station, Bogor Paledang Station, Cikampek Station, Rangkasbitung Station, Serang Station or Bekasi Station from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. any day.”The [suspension] is in force until April 30. We will continuously evaluate the policy in accordance with the developing situation,” Eva said, adding that cargo trains were operating normally to support logistics and food supplies in regions.Topics :
NZ Herald 19 October 2019Family First Comment: Sad consequence of removing common sense and human nature in our interactions with children…“…some schools were “fearful of teachers having any physical contact with children at all” in case they broke the rules. We’ve even heard some schools are saying to teachers you are not allowed to give a child a hug. What kind of society are we becoming when that is not allowed?Restrictions which have made some schools ban teachers from hugging or touching children may soon be relaxed.Teachers, principals and the Teaching Council are all proposing changes that would let teachers use physical force as soon as a child shows signs of being upset and threatening other children.The current rules, introduced in August 2017 in response to Herald reports of children being locked alone in rooms, allow physical restraint only when the safety of others is “at serious and imminent risk”.Education Minister Chris Hipkins said last year that “the balance is not quite right“. Sources say he is ready to put proposed changes to Cabinet in the next week or two.Schools have reported 5466 incidents of physical restraint under the new rules up to the end of last term – an average of 13 incidents every school day.Tai Tokerau Principals’ Association president Pat Newman said reporting each incident was “an absolutely ridiculous waste of time”.Wellington’s Berhampore School principal Mark Potter said some schools were “fearful of teachers having any physical contact with children at all” in case they broke the rules.“We’ve even heard some schools are saying to teachers you are not allowed to give a child a hug,” he said.“What kind of society are we becoming when that is not allowed?“Some have said no longer are you allowed to give a kid a hug but you can do a fist-bump.“If you spend a lot of time studying the guidelines, that was an over-reaction, but the Teaching Council wants to clarify that.”The Teaching Council, the professional body previously known as the Education Council, said this week it had proposed “some changes to the legislation that we believe will better align with the [Teachers’] Code expectation of promoting the wellbeing of all learners and protecting all from harm”.“Currently the legislation limits physical restraint to situations where there is a risk of serious and imminent harm, which has had the effect of deterring teachers from intervening before a situation gets serious,” it said.“We are proposing to enable teachers to intervene earlier and to consider the emotional and physical harm of all the learners, as expected in the Code.”READ MORE: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12277552 (behind paywall)
Congratulations to all the teams in our area who continued their season beyond the sectional level. I know I may miss one or two, but I am going to try to say “congratulations” to as many as I can. BHS teams include girls golf, boys & girls cross country, boys tennis, and volleyball. At OA teams going on were boys soccer and both the boys & girls cross country. The East Central cross country teams and soccer teams also participated in their regionals. The Jac-Cen-Del boys soccer team won their first sectional, and at Greensburg cross country and tennis were both successful. Several football teams have chances to go beyond the sectional, and some of these teams already mentioned could make it all the way to the state level. If they do, we will congratulate them in a later article. It is very satisfying for me as a former coach to see this much success from our area schools. Going beyond the regional now has become very difficult because somehow the IHSAA has decided that we compete with Indianapolis schools which I still consider to be central Indiana and not southern Indiana. Let’s not forget that we have had two area basketball teams win state championships in the last few years–Jac-Cen-Del and Greensburg.
On May 2nd, 2018, George’s Pharmacy in Sunman was robbed at gunpoint and multiple controlled substances were taken. According to a probable cause affidavit that was written and filed on May 4th by Detective Abe Hildebrand, Ripley County Sheriff’s Office, Rosa Zinser was arrested and is awaiting formal charges to be filed by the prosecutor’s office. The affidavit explains Zinser had been denied medication from a pain clinic that she had been going to and then additionally at two emergency rooms prior to committing the robbery.Members of the Sheriff’s Office met with witnesses at George’s Pharmacy who indicated that a gun was pointed at an employee and drugs were demanded. After being provided multiple prescription medications, Zinser left the scene in a car described by employees. Zinser was located a short time later at a residence in Dearborn County and taken into custody without incident. According to the affidavit, officers collected a h andgun and numerous prescription medications at the residence. Detective Hildebrand indicated further that Zinser had to be transported to a local hospital for an apparent opiate overdose. Zinser is currently in the Ripley County Jail awaiting formal charges. Prosecuting Attorney, Ric Hertel, stated that once all the information is received from law enforcement it will be reviewed for potential charges.Zinser is presumed innocent and charges are merely accusations at this point.
Liverpool winger, Sadio Mane, is the best player in the Premier League. That is according to former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas. The Spaniard was impressed with Mane’s two goals against Chelsea in the Premier League in a comfortable win. read also:Mane: We are lucky to have Thiago in our teamAdvertisement “I’ll say it again. Mane best player in the League,” Fabregas tweeted after the game. The 28-year-old managed 18 league goals last term. The Reds will be hoping Mane continues his great form, as the team aims to defend the Premier League title it won last season. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?A Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsMeet The Happiest Shiba Inu On Instagram!7 Reasons It’s Better To Be A VeganWorld’s Most Delicious Foods Loading…
WEST PLAINS, Mo. (May 7) – A former track champion is the new owner and promoter at newly re-named Legit Speedway.Gary Stolba completed his purchase of the 3/8-mile dirt facility this spring. IMCA Xtreme Motor Sports headline weekly programs at West Plains beginning this Saturday, May 9.“The track is ready and we’re keeping our fingers crossed that the rain stays away,” Stolba said. “We started working on the facility six weeks ago and are putting final touches on concessions and restrooms. We’re also working on getting a new tailgating area finished.”Stolba was a 21-year-old spectator for the first event held at the former West Plains Motor Speedway. He was the Modified track champion there in 2010, the 18th consecutive and most recent year the division was sanctioned by IMCA.“We had 30-35 IMCA Modfieds every night when this track was sanctioned before,” Stolba said. “Cost was the reason why. You have to keep it affordable for everybody. This division fits people who want to go fast but don’t have a wide-open checkbook.”He’s optimistic that Legit Speedway will share drivers with Friday night venue Batesville, Ark., Motor Speedway. Less than two hours’ travel time separates the two tracks and the new sanction at West Plains doubles drivers’ opportunities to race for IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National and Jet Racing Central Region points.West Plains ran a limited schedule in 2013. Seeing the track sit idle all of last season was difficult for Stolba and the rest of the local racing community.“After the first time I came to this track to watch, I put a car together the next week and had been coming back ever since,” Stolba said. “My family doesn’t have bass boats. We have race cars. Some of the best times I’ve had and the best friends I’ve made have been because of racing.”The track’s new name is a promise as much as it is good marketing.“I see a lot of tracks named for the town or county they’re in. I wanted something unique,” Stolba explained. “I want drivers to know they will be treated 100 percent fairly. Everything will be 100 percent legitimate and we’ll go the extreme to ensure that.”Season championship night at Legit Speedway is Sept. 26.
Ryan Giggs has admitted he was not ready for the Manchester United job when he took over as caretaker-manager at Old Trafford last season. Giggs took over at United after David Moyes was sacked with four matches of the season left, winning two, drawing one and losing one. The Welshman is now completing his Pro Licence coaching badge as he prepares for life as Louis van Gaal’s assistant, but knows he has much to learn if he is take the United job on a permanent basis in the future. “When I took the job there were a lot of things that I was quite happy with, but there and was the odd thing where I thought ‘I’m not quite ready for this’. Well it wasn’t that I wasn’t ready for it, but I could do with a little bit more experience,” Giggs told thefa.com. “I have gained that experience from Sir Alex (Ferguson) but last year I was still playing so I wasn’t really focused on the coaching and the other side of things. “This year I can put everything into it and learn from someone who has managed at the top in so many other countries. It has been a good thing that I have been with Sir Alex for so long but also I am now getting to see how other people work as well. I got a taste of David Moyes and now Louis Van Gaal this year.” Giggs has now hung up his boots after an illustrious career, but was still playing at the time of his elevation last season – an adjustment he struggled to deal with. “Yeah, I mean there was just so much to do,” he said. “Before training you are in at half seven and by the time half ten had come you were knackered. “Because I was still a player I just wanted to make the players aware that I was the club manager and get that distance away from them initially to say, ‘I am not joining in training, I am looking to see what you are doing’. You can’t really do that if you are getting involved. “Initially that was my feeling – not get involved with training and see how they were all performing. The majority of the lads were all fit so I had plenty to choose from so I wanted to get a good look. If you are involved and in the middle of it you don’t quite get the same look.” Press Association
Carver said: “I am not going to give up, throw the towel, walk away from it. I have not lost my self-belief. “I still feel I am the best coach around. I tell you, I ain’t lost my belief – and the day I lose my belief is the day I will do something totally different. I will walk away from it or retire. “I would be wasting my time if I lost that.” Carver’s claim is unlikely to placate fans in open revolt over both the way the club is being run by owner Mike Ashley, and a season which has spiralled out of control and is threatening to end in disaster. Last Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at resurgent Leicester, during which defenders Mike Williamson and Daryl Janmaat were both sent off, the former prompting a remarkable post-match reaction from his head coach, proved the final straw for many. However, Carver survived a Sunday meeting with managing director Lee Charnley and has repaired bridges which appeared to have been destroyed to the dressing room with skipper Fabricio Coloccini issuing an open letter – Carver revealed the captain’s missive was unsolicited and hand-written – to fans pleading for their support over the remaining weeks of the campaign. Alan Pardew’s former assistant said: “Let’s get to the summer, then everyone can have their opinion and say what they want to say. Not a problem. “But I am not having any distractions with what goes on in the outside world with the press, the fans, whoever it is, nobody. I still believe in my own ability and the day I don’t, I might as well do something else.” The 50-year-old Newcastle head coach finds himself in the thick of a Barclays Premier League relegation battle after guiding the Magpies to eight successive defeats, a run which has left them just two points clear of the drop zone with three games left to play. But he firmly believes that given the right tools to do the job, he is as good as anyone around. John Carver insists he will walk away from football the day he feels he is not the best coach in the business. Saturday’s home clash with West Brom represents a potentially pivotal moment in the club’s season, and it appears that out of adversity, an uneasy sense of unity has formed, although just how that translates into positive action on the pitch remains to be seen. Asked about Ashley’s assessment of the situation, Carver said: “I have not had the conversation with him. He sent a message through Lee to say he was 100 per cent behind me. “I have a good relationship with Lee – we are both honest and frank and he has been so supportive.” Carver’s dissection of his team’s efforts at the King Power Stadium – and particularly those of Williamson – was withering, and he is hoping it elicits a response at St James’ Park this weekend and beyond. He said: “The only proof will be in the pudding when we get to the end of the three games. That’s the only way we’ll tell whether it’s worked or not. “If somebody does it, and we win the next three games, they’re a genius because of what’s happened, in one sense. In the other sense, it would be because the players got together, and it’s got nothing to do with the manager. “It’s all about the players. If that happens, great. We all want the same result, and that’s Premier League football.” Williamson will play no part in the next two games because of his second red card of the season, but he and Carver have resolved their differences. The older man said: “There are no hard feelings. Every morning, we have come in, we have shaken hands, looked each other in the eye and just got on with it because we are professional.” Papiss Cisse is available after completing a seven-match ban, but he is still working his way back from a knee problem, while Siem De Jong, who has made two appearances as a substitute after an eight-month lay-off, is a doubt with a thigh injury. Press Association
(BBC) – UEFA has warned that the staging of international matches will be at risk if its protocols for the return of the Champions League and Europa League are not observed.Both tournaments resume this week after a five-month delay, because of the coronavirus pandemic.The protocols were distributed to all 28 teams still in the two competitions.Both competitions conclude with ‘final eight’ tournaments behind closed doors in Portugal and Germany.The Champions League final will be held in Lisbon on August 23, two days after the Europa League final takes place in Cologne.“UEFA expects all parties to adhere to hygiene best practices both in the controlled match environments, as well as in their private day-to-day lives,” the protocols state.“It is imperative that all precautions set out in this document, as well as the standard hygiene best practices, will be strictly adhered to by all members of these various groups.“Non-respect of such social norms could have serious consequences for the staging of international matches.”The return of European club competition will immediately be followed by the start of the Nations League international qualifiers at the beginning of September.In addition, the 2020-21 European club season starts on August 8, with Northern Irish side Linfield involved in the Champions League preliminary round.Testing, masks, hotels and private flightsThe protocols themselves have been drafted under the guidance of UEFA medical committee chairman Tim Meyer, who is also in charge of the Bundesliga protocols in Germany.Club players and staff have been told they will be tested either two or three days before they leave their home countries for the ‘final eight’ tournaments and again, on site, the day before each game.UEFA promises to have the results back “a minimum of six hours” before kick-off.Clubs have been told their players must wear face masks ‘in all public places’ when they are travelling and the use of charter flights “is strongly recommended”.Players have also been reminded to refrain from swapping their shirts.UEFA has rejected requests from some clubs – including Manchester United, Wolves and Inter Milan – to be allowed to fly in and out of Germany for individual games, which means more emphasis on the strict rules around the hotels where individual clubs are staying.Amongst the requirements for that are: Private dining area and access routes.Food should be served by the team’s own staff and/or as few hotel staff as possible, with food placed on a table and collected by the players/coaches/trainers. No clean-up is to take place until the players have left the dining areas.Team members (both players and technical staff) must not leave the hotel unless it is under previously agreed and organised conditions and does not involve coming into contact with anyone outside of their group.For longer stays, visiting teams will also need to make appropriate laundry arrangements with their hotel, ensuring in particular that washed clothing and equipment (bibs etc) are handled only by members of the team delegation and not by hotel staff.